In 1799, the Buckinghams came to Ohio and by 1811 operated mills on the Little Miami River. They were major landowners in Symmes Township, amassing 1,100 acres. This 1860’s Italianate block house was built during the Civil War by the Bonnells, descendants of the Buckinghams. It was was donated to the Village of Indian Hill in 1966 by Lola Bonnell. Today, the home, called Buckingham Lodge, is surrounded by 13 acres known as Bonnell Park. It is one of the few farmhouses of this era left in this locale. The Village landscape changed significantly after 1924 when Indian Hill was transformed into a community of gracious homes and premier fox-hunting.