Old Armstrong Chapel (1831)

By 1798, Methodist circuit riders were holding services in homes of settlers, but it was not until 1830 that Nathanial Armstrong deeded this property for a place of worship and a burial ground. The one-story brick church was constructed during the summer of 1831, mostly by Samuel Earhart, who baked the bricks from clay on his property nearby on Brill Road. The structure has always been known as a community church, although affiliated with the Methodist denomination.